Friday 23 January 2009

Nostalgia

- Sonnet Mandal
I do remember myself in my childhood

The time which outran soon,Just as a lonely ray

In a night without the moon.
I do remember going to the fields

Which remained flooded with pond water,

And watched the cows going with their tilted head,

From beneath trees as the 'drops. dripped on the bower.
I do remember the playful fights -With my little friends each with weakened might,

And it was love of courseWhich was bond's source.
I do remember playing in the mango grove

Along with some of my dears.

And when it went long

I was moulded with punishment fears.
I do remember my grandfather

Who with his storiesMade my heart as light as a feather

And still it was for nothing could I miss either.
Most of the sibling stage hath passed by

Mothers's love, fathers strength are amongst the left few;

My cousin too hath remained and he-Is amongst the smoked hives left bee.
Like a lonely boat in ripple-less water-Like a beakorn in a moonless night

I would like to cherish them ratherLosing them like a ray of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment