Monday 30 November 2015

A Mockery of the World by Prasanta Kumar Panda

Prasanta Kumar Panda

A MOCKERY OF THE MOULD

I am a feminist poet
And I take advantage of being a woman
To sexualise love.
I do it to oppose my counterpart
Who writes to emotionalise love.
 
I have an ideal organic whole mode
Fragmented for a cause,
But you can call it ambivalence
Wriggling and quivering below the lines
Like a body seeking pleasure.
 
My counterpart is shamelessly blatant.
He never makes it hard to be visible,
Neither male nor patriarchal.
Yet he is there for me to bemoan as one.
 
My metaphor to portray my body is a flower
With blood spots in its petals,
His is the one that fights because he is there
Be it a sword or a tower.
 
Both of us are poets
Yet a question separates us:
Whether he is more equal than me
Or in my attempt to prove myself more equal than him,
I have made him tower.
 
We cannot inhabit the same idea just because we are answers.
yet we  have lost our memory now what was the question we were set to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment