Monday 30 November 2015

I Can Hear the Groan of Mother Earth by KV Dominic


DOMINIC KV 
10:48 (13 hours ago)
I can Hear the Groan of Mother Earth
K. V. Dominic

I can hear the groan of mother earth
being raped by her own beloved human sons
Having sucked all milk from her mountain breasts
quarry deep out of construction mania

I can hear her shriek for help
when they cut each her vein
and drain all brooks and rivers

Can’t you hear your mother’s wail
when they pluck her hair after hair
felling trees and plants which protect them?

I can hear the scream of elephants, tigers,
Boars, snakes and all wild animals
when they drive them from their homes
and starve to death by burning forests

I can hear the death cry of bird after bird
when they cut their feeding trees
to make their selfish life more luxurious

Man, can’t you hear those tremors of curses
hurled on you by endangered animals, birds and plants?
Man, I can hear mother earth cursing you
As Gandhari did long back to Lord Krishna




No comments:

Post a Comment